Today we’re taking a look at the lingerie drawer. A few tips for getting it beautifully organized:
- Get rid of undergarments that don’t fit you properly, are uncomfortable, and/or are worn out. In other words, out go the pieces that you never wear or feel good wearing. They’re just cluttering up your drawer and getting in the way of being able to easily find the pieces you do wear. Bras in good condition can be recycled here.
- Sort the keepers by type: bras, undies, camisoles, etc.
- …as well as by function: everyday, fancy, etc.
- You can also sort by color, if that’s something you consider when selecting what to wear: nude, black, brights, etc.
- Arrange based on frequency of use. Everyday undergarments need to be the most easily accessible, so they should be up front or in the most easy to reach drawer. Pieces you only use once in awhile, such as for a certain occasion or with a particular type of clothing, can go in the back or in a less accessible drawer.
- Use dividers to keep everything sorted and in place within the drawer. Be sure to first look at what you have, and measure the height, width and depth of your drawer(s) before buying anything! A few options:
interlocking drawer organizers
linen drawer organizer, linus closet drawer organizer, skubb storage set (<I use these in my own drawers)
Hope you found the tips useful!
Annie of Live Simply interviewed me for her blog – click on over to read the interview!
Use small hooks on a rod or under a shelf to hang, make easily accessible, and display beautiful cups:
Gives the kitchen a lovely homey feel don’t you think?
I participated in two fun design challenges this week. Click on over to Shauna’s blog to see what I did with this table:
and Cristin’s blog to see what I did with this bench:
See you there!
Love the idea of using sofa seating in a dining area. It’s pleasantly unexpected and helps create a comfortable casual feel:
Whether you’ll be indulging in the simple pleasures of relaxing at home, or you’ll be out and about, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
image credit: katy
Love this idea from Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere. She used a frame, hooks, and wire to create a sunglass holder:
See how she did it here.
p.s. Along similar lines, another idea.
My hubby and I will be heading out to the movies tonight to watch The Vow -have you seen it yet? Something similar actually happened to us a little over a year ago – my husband had a head injury causing him to lose a few years of memory and didn’t remember the time we dated, got married, etc., – so I’m prepared for it to be a tearjerker!
Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine’s Day filled with love!